The Waupaca Area Public Library is a designated Passport Acceptance Facility.
What Do I Need to Apply?
Know Before You Go:
- In-Person Only: All applicants must appear in person at the Library in order to apply for a passport. This includes minor applicants.
- Parents Present for Minor Applicants – Minor applicants under the age of 16 must have both parents present OR present appropriate documentation demonstrating parental permission from the non-appearing parents.
- DS-11 Applications – Print copies of Form DS-11 are available at the Library. You can also print out a copy from the US Department of State’s website and fill it out prior to your appointment. If you print out this form at home, please be sure to print a single-sided copy and do not sign the application until you are instructed to do so by an agent.
- Identification – Applicants and parents of applicants under age 16 must have a valid photo ID. A color photocopy of the front and back of the ID must accompany the application.
- Evidence of US Citizenship – Applicants must present an original or certified copy of evidence of US Citizenship. An original and a copy of the document must both accompany the application.
- Passport Photo – A photo meeting State Department requirements. The Library does NOT provide passport photo services, but businesses in the area do, such as Walgreens.
- Fees – Applicants must bring two valid forms of payment – a check or certified money order made payable to the US Department of State for your application fee and cash or a check made payable to the Waupaca Area Public Library for the application execution fee. Visit the US Department of State’s website for a current schedule of fees.
- NOTE: Photocopies can be made at the Library with staff assistance.
- Questions? Visit the US Department of State’s website for more detailed information about passport applications, including acceptable documents, or contact the Library.
If you are renewing your passport, you may want to check if you are eligible to use Form DS-82, which allows you to renew by mail and does not require a trip to a Passport Acceptance Facility. You can find a copy of DS-82 on the US Department of State’s website. Review the checklist on the first page and see if you are eligible. If you are, follow the instructions and mail in your application. You do not need to come to the Library to submit your application
Use the scheduler below to book an appointment. It is possible to book appointments up to three weeks in advance; if you require an appointment outside of that time frame, please call the Library and we’ll see if we are able to accommodate you.
Passports are available by appointment only, we cannot accommodate walk-ins. Appointments are not official until a passport agent has confirmed via phone or email.