June 8 - July 31
Teens entering grades 6 through age 19 are welcome to participate. Activity log/bingo sheets are available at the library or online. Mark off and return the bingo sheet each week to earn up to 17 spaces/week on our life-sized board game*, Heroland. Battle your favorite heroes from comic books, TV shows, movies, and literature. Win great prizes like free books, movies, and more. Register at the library or online today!
How it works:
- Complete as many bingo squares as you choose (with at least 2 hours of reading required). Across, Down, Diagonal or Blackout bingos receive a prize, but that’s not all…
- Each bingo square is worth board game spaces! Move as many spaces on our Herolandboard game as you’ve earned on your bingo sheet.
- If you land on a hero, you must prepare for battle! See a teen staff member to roll a dice. You must roll a number higher than the number on that hero’s poster.
- You will get 2 chances to roll per day. If you are unsuccessful at defeating the hero, you must wait until the following day to make another attempt.
- Every 10 spaces earns you an entry into the finale raffle.
- Good luck!
“...and may the odds be ever in your favor.” -Effie Trinket
|2015 Teen Activity Log.pdf||316.88 KB|
|2015 Unmask! Book Review Form.pdf||99.46 KB|
|2015 Teen SLP Brochure.pdf||932 KB|
If you enjoy reading Manga, watching Anime, drawing characters from either (or your own), or just socializing with like-minded peers... our Manga/Anime club is for you. Join us every Monday this summer as we put the "fun" in "Funimation!"
Join other Makers, Crafters, Tinkers, and Artists who just want to make things and work with their hands in an inspiring & collaborative space.
*weekly registration required; sign up at the teen desk or online.
Come spend your Wednesday afternoon hanging out in our Summer Reading Café. Grab a book, magazine, e-reader, or newspaper and let the afternoon slip away as you read in a comfy place and enjoy special café treats prepared especially for you.
Every Thursday is Throwback Thursday here in the Best Cellar! Join us for old school games, challenges, and activities as well as blast-from-the-past snacks that were staples of your childhood! We'll be featuring: Bop-it, Skip-it, Hula Hoop Contests,Hungry Hungry Hippos, Simon, and much more...
"When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution." -IMDB